The Information We Collect And Store
We may collect and store the following information when running the Femalesia Service:
- Information You Provide. If you sign up for a Femalesia Account, we ask you to provide us with personal information, such as your name, username, password, photo, and email address. We may also ask you to personalize your user experience with other information such as your location, and your individual preferences. This information collectively is referred to as "Registration Information." Some of this information, for example, your name and username, will be listed publicly on our Services, including in search results.
- User IDs and Device IDs. When you install the Femalesia Application, we create a unique identification number associated with that installation of the software ("User ID"). If you have a Femalesia Account, we will associate your User ID or your Device ID with your Registration Information.
- Usage Information. We also collect information about how you use our Services, including how you view and interact with content and advertisements, the parts of our Services that you use, information you search for, content that you view, and actions you take such as posting comments, or liking content.
- Log Data. When you use our Services, we automatically record information about your use ("Log Data"). This Log Data may include information such as your computer's or mobile device's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Site, pages of our Site that you visit, access times and dates and other statistics.
- Information Regarding Your Social Networking Services ("SNS"). As a Femalesia user, you can interact with and use SNSs, such as Facebook, Twitter, and other social media. To do so, you must provide Femalesia with your account credentials (username and password) for an SNS. Femalesia will retain those credentials, keep them private and use them to enable your access to the SNS.
When you choose to access an SNS via the Services, Femalesia may collect from the SNS your address, gender, user ID, list of friends and any information you've chosen to make public through the SNS. Depending on the SNS you choose to utilize via the Services and in accordance with the privacy settings you have set in your SNS account, you can post information to your SNS account via the Services, and information you have posted to an SNS will be available via the Services. We encourage you to read the privacy policies and other statements of the SNSs you use.
- Pollings and Promotions. From time to time, we may provide you the opportunity to participate in pollings and promotions via our Services. If you participate, we may request certain additional information from you.
How We Use the Information We Collect
In the course of using the Service, we may collect personal information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Information"). Personal Information is or may be used:
- to provide and improve our Service,
- to administer your use of the Service,
- to better understand your needs and interests,
- to personalize and improve your experience, and
- to provide or offer software updates and product announcements. If you no longer wish to receive communications from us, please follow the "unsubscribe" instructions provided in any of those communications, or update your account settings information.
Some devices allow applications to access real-time location-based information (for example, GPS). Our mobile apps do not collect such information from your mobile device at any time while you download or use our mobile apps as of the date this policy went into effect, but may do so in the future with your consent to improve our Services. We may use this information to optimize your experience. Also, some of the information we collect from a device, for example IP address, can sometimes be used to approximate a device's location.
- Personal Information
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We will display your Personal Information in your profile page and elsewhere on the Service according to the preferences you set in your account. Any information you choose to provide should reflect how much you want others to know about you. Please consider carefully what information you disclose in your profile page and your desired level of anonymity. You can review and revise your profile information at any time. We do not sell your personal information to third parties. We may also share or disclose your information with your consent, for example if you use a third party application to access your account (see below). Through certain features of the Service, you may also have the ability to make some of your information public. Public information may be broadly and quickly disseminated.
Service Providers, Business Partners and Others
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement Requests; Protection of Femalesia's Rights. We may disclose to parties outside Femalesia files stored in your Newboard and information about you that we collect when we have a good faith belief that disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
- comply with a law, regulation or compulsory legal request;
- protect the safety of any person from death or serious bodily injury;
- prevent fraud or abuse of Femalesia or its users; or
- to protect Femalesia's property rights.
Non-private or Non-Personal Information.
We may disclose your non-private, aggregated, or otherwise non-personal information, such as usage statistics of our Service.
- Your Use
Changing or Deleting Your Information
If you are a registered user, you may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information provided in your registration or account profile by changing your "account settings." If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may update or delete it by making the change on your account settings. In some cases we may retain copies of your information if required by law.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, you may delete your account. We may retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. Consistent with these requirements, we will try to delete your information quickly upon request. Please note, however, that there might be latency in deleting information from our servers and backed-up versions might exist after deletion. In addition, we do not delete from our servers files that you have in common with other users.
The security of your information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
Our Policy Toward Children
Our Services are not directed to persons under 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If a parent or a guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will take steps to delete such information from our files.